Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Should Have Been

Live on in my mind's eye
He lives on in my mind's eye
In my mind's eye
He rushes into this empty room
Like a breeze
And when he smiles the sun
Shines through the storm clouds
And his soul shines through
In my mind's eye
and it fondles my aching heart
and strokes my hair
Gently, In my mind's eye he springs
To life, in my mind's eye he is
Skipping to the beat of a
Progressive punk rock number
He has woken up from slumber
And he laughs in his sleep
And smiles at me before he opens
His eyes, in my mind's eye
He is feeling out
For me on his side
He is playing the music
And making me my drink
While I throw together the cushions
He puts on the movie
On DVD in my mind's eye
I see his Face in my mind's eye
It is Happy and it Smiles at me
It is the most beautiful face
And the most beautiful smile

In my mind's eye.